It's no secret, the most important day of your fantasy football league is the draft. If you mess this up you basically have very little chance to win. However, if you draft to perfection you'll probably be successful. The big question is weather you draft the player with the best value or the player at the position that you need. Example, you have 4 wr and 1 rb on your team so far. You see a great WR available, but in reality he would be no help to your team because odds are you'll only need 3WR so starts. Of course you could get the WR just in case of injury or you could trade the player. Below are my 5 tips to make your team unbeatable.
1) Do not miss the draft. If you do this then the computer will pick for you based on there rankings which means your opponents could predict your picks which is a big disadvantage.
2) You must be active. If you never make trades or pick up players you'll never get any of those players that were unexpectedly good. Example after week one you could picked up willy parker or indianapolis defense who were definitely available. If you were active you could have gotten 2 steals.
3) Look at the scoring system of the league. What position does it favor? Default setting are typically 50 pass yard = 1 point, 20 rush or receiving = 1 points, and touchdowns worth 6 points. This favors running backs and is a disadvantage to quarter backs. However other settings could favor QBs. So this means you do not draft players the same way for every league.
4) Make sure you have a quality bench. If you do not then when you have weeks with a lot of players with bye weeks, then you'll probably loose. If you have a bench to just plug in you'll rack up some important wins.
5) Do not give up. Even if you're in last place after a few weeks, a few wins can get you back in the race. The regular season does not really matter. Making the plays in last position is basically the same as making the plays in first place. A standard league has 10-12 teams with the top 4-6 qualifying for the playoffs.